This article will explain how to secure your iPhone by locking its apps, allowing you to limit access to the most addictive ones while still maintaining privacy.
By restricting access to the most addictive applications and adding an extra layer of protection for sensitive information, you can benefit from locking applications on your iPhone. Although there is no official method to lock each app, you can temporarily protect your most important programs using a Screen Time hack.
If you want to limit access to social networking apps or hide some apps from prying eyes, here’s how to lock applications on your iPhone.
How to lock apps on iPhone?
Using Apple’s Screen Time function, you may set daily limits on how long you can spend in an app; once that timer expires, you’ll need to enter your password to re-enter the app. If you don’t use up your daily amount of allowed time, the app will be disabled for the rest of the day. One minute of app availability is all that’s needed.
- You need to access the iPhone’s settings.
- Go to Screen Time and then tap “Use Screen Time Passcode” to create a new passcode for limiting screen time.
- The next step is to click the “Add Limit” button under “App Limits.”
- Select the page and app that you’d like to restrict access to, and then click “Next.”
- In the time menu, select the needed hours or minutes to apply the time limit. You can lock the app after just one minute if you set the timer to that.
- With “Block at End of Limit” activated, click the “Add” button.
That solves the issue, period. When the time allocated for using the app has passed, you will be given the option to buy more time. You’ll need to input the Screen Time passcode in order to use them, though. Your iPad and other devices may be subject to this same restriction.