Sharing forms and information online can be a time-consuming process nowadays, especially if you have a lot of papers and images to upload.
Most educational institutions, government agencies, job searches, and other organizations do not accept large photo files.
We are usually irritated when we receive an online application form that requires us to upload our photo and signature. Unfortunately, the application’s website does not check our submitted file. Instead, the website has set photo restrictions that include the file size and the height and width of each image.
We could use Paint or another image editing program to adapt the file to our needs, or we could go to an online website that can do it for us. However, did you know that Google Chrome allows you to edit photos without leaving the browser? You can edit your images even while offline after installing a one-time extension.
The extension is simple to use. It offers a one-click reduced size option that you can customize to lower in unique sizes. Other settings reduce the image’s quality by deleting colors or changing pixel dimensions as an alternative to decreasing the image’s size.
A pixel is a measurement used to describe the components of a picture. When a photo is large, it may include millions of pixels, implying that storing the image on the server may require millions of bytes; as a result, many websites use images with smaller dimensions.
How to reduce image size on the Chrome browser?
Reduce the size of images, but the Chrome extension is one of the easiest. To lower the file size on Google Chrome, follow these steps:
- First, on your PC or Mac, open the Google Chrome browser.
- To get started, go to the Chrome Web Store.
- In the search bar, type ‘Resizing App.’
- Then, in the result list, choose ‘Resizing App.’
- You’ll find the tool in Extensions once you’ve downloaded it. Now you can use the extension whenever you want by tapping on the icon. We should point out that the tool can be used even if your computer is turned off.
- Click the extension and the ‘+’ icon in the small pop-up box.
- From the File Explorer, choose the picture you want to resize.
- Select Percentage from the drop-down box below Resize.
- Enter the Percentage by which you want to reduce the image.
- Will save the resized image in your Downloads folder once you click Save Image.
How to see the image size on Chrome?
To calculate the size of a picture in Chrome, follow these steps:
- First, open Chrome and go to the appropriate page.
- Right-click the image you want to know the size of and select Inspect from the menu.
- The width and height of your picture are displayed in Chrome DevTools. (The width is always the first number.) If your photo isn’t already highlighted, use the inspect element button to make it so. Then, hover the Inspect element button over the image.